Today’s review is about the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike and here I will try to provide you with all the information I believe you need to know about this men’s mountain bike before you decide to buy it or not.
Please remember that this post is only a review about the Protocol 1.0 Mountain Bike. If you try to find deals and discounts for this mountain bike for men online then you can Click Here to get the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 at a great discounted rate today…
Short Description About The Men’s Mountain Bike
The Mountain Bike is a great choice for beginners. This economical mountain bike showcases a full aluminum dual suspension frame with a steel rear triangle that offer very smooth and controlled rides on any types of road terrains.
You Might Also Like: Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike 700C Review
It has a Pro Max front disc brake that has enough power to easily slow down or completely stop the Schwinn Mountain Bike whenever you need to. The Shimano Altus 24-speed with Shimano EF-50 Trigger Shifters, on other hand, allows smooth shifting for optimum control and gradual power.
The Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike is fitted with 26-inch wheels complete with alloy high-profile rims with black bladed spokes, which look sleek and perform great at the same time.
Other important features of this mountain bike are Suntour suspension fork, MTB handlebar, and Schwinn 4-bolt A-head stem. It can handle user weight of up to 250 pounds.
Other Important Details
Dimensions: 60 x 8 x 29 inches ; 43 pounds
Weight: 70 pounds
Average Score: 4.0/5
Percentage Of Reviews That Are Positive: 83%
3 Useful Reviews From Other Users:
It works well
It works well and is a good deal for the price, but the pedals make a clicking sound when pedaling hard.
I sold my old mountain bike and bought a new one. This bike is far from the old one that I had before. The seat is comfortable and just right for my butt…
Love this bike
Bought the comfort seat with it and it is a great ride. Good size for either my husband or myself with a simple adjustment of the seat height… Read more
The Pros And Cons Of The Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Mountain Bike
- It is relatively easy and fast to put together (around 20 minutes), with minimal tools required for the assembly.
- It feels really sturdy and can accommodate user weight of up to 250 pounds, or even up to 280 pounds.
- The front gear shift works perfectly.
- For a mountain bike, the price of this model is reasonably affordable.
- Its overall features, including the decals and finish, look really attractive.
- It allows a very smooth and sweet ride, even when climbing hills or any inclined terrains.
- The shocks of the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 absorb impact really well.
- The instruction manual that comes with it is clear and informative.
- It doesn’t have a water bottle holder.
- It still needs some fine tuning upon delivery.
- The seat is too high and a bit uncomfortable to sit on.
- We expected the tires to be of better quality.
The Bottom Line
The Bike is obviously not for pro or seasoned bikers, however it is an ideal beginner’s mountain bike. Once you have every parts fine tuned, it will definitely give you smooth rides regardless of the terrain.
There are really no major deal breakers that were raised against it, except for the poor quality tires, a problem common to most low-cost bikes.
Overall, if you want a beginner mountain bike that performs well and is inexpensive, and you don’t mind not having a water bottle holder, the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike is a great option for you.